You never change. You never fail. Oh God of my heart; so faithful and true. You've taken my storm, turned my night to day. Oh God of my heart; so faithful and true.
I was on my way home from work tonight and was listening to a song by Spur58 containing these lyrics. This caused me to begin thinking of the amazing God that we serve. God never changes and never fails. He is infinite, eternal and immortal. In the midst of an ever changing world, He is constant.
Too often I feel as though we either try to limit God and sometimes even change God. The truth is that God cannot be changed, neither can He be limited. Over the centuries more and more of what is believed to be true of God has been tainted by mere opinion and not solid biblical theology. Who God is has been revealed to us by His Word and that alone is the solid foundation on which all that is true about God stands. This is where God has proven Himself faithful and true.
Throughout Scripture God reveals Himself in different ways and in some respect shows different sides of Himself, but this in no way suggests that God has changed. Sometimes I find myself so caught up in life that I have to just stop and meditate on who God is. Maybe we should all take a moment and dwell on each of these truths about God:
God is infinite
God is eternal
God is immortal
Wow! This is the amazing God that desires to have a a deep, personal, intimate, loving relationship with us. He will never leave us or forsake us. He is always there through everything. He will calm the storms of our lives and turn our night to day. I love my God!!!