For many people the new year is a feeling of a fresh start, a new beginning and an opportunity to tell themselves "this is the year!" But despite all of the hype, most people keep with their resolutions for a a few days, weeks or maybe a month or two and then they are back to the way they were. I cannot resolve that this year will bring any particular commitment, but I believe that it will be a good year.
The past year has been somewhat rough at times and seemed like a never ending roller coaster, but toward the end was hope for the year to come. My wife an I have made some personal and financial goals and I believe all of them are attainable. As for myself, I believe this will be a defining year for me. All of the things which I once dreamed of will come to pass and I will be standing in the middle of God's will for me.
This is the year that I listen to and follow God first in everything. This is the year I stop listening to my own doubts and fears and the criticism of others and trust God's word. This is the year that I put my relationship with God before all others so that I may understand the true blessing of my relationship with others. This is the year that I pursue God's calling on my life no matter what obstacles may arise. This is the year that I stop and listen to God before I make a move. This is the year that I say: "Here I am God; use me."
O Lord, truly I am your servant; I am your servant, the son of your maidservant; you have freed me from my chains. I will sacrifice a thank offering to you and call on the name of the Lord. I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people, in the courts of the house of the Lord—in your midst, O Jerusalem. Praise the Lord. -Psalm 116:16-19